Welcome! For the second part of this series, please allow me to introduce, Chief Detective Cassius.
- Name: Cassius.
- Age: 38
- General physical description: Short hair (greying early from stress), perfectly shaped goatee, lean, usually seen with heavy eyes (he doesn’t get to sleep much).
- Homeland: Silvervayne of the Old lands.
- Type of home/ neighbourhood: A regular apartment in Newvayne. Nothing special, but he doesn’t spend much time there anyway.
- Relationship status: Single… but always trying to rectify this.
- Current family: None (that I have told you about… yet).
- Family background (parents, previous marriages, etc.): See above. 😉
- Friends: The white witch Ariel, the little vampire lord Korhea and ever protective Hunter, Azerius.
- Other close relationships: A nice, top shelf whisky (even better when it’s free).
- Job: Detective and monster hunter in training.
- Dress style: Stereotypical detective. Long tan coat, shades, cigar in mouth… etc.
- Religion: None.
- Attitude to religion: Indifferent.
- Favourite pastimes: Drinking whisky.
- Hobbies: Cleaning his gun collection.
- Favourite sports: Chasing the criminals of Silvervayne.
- Favourite foods: Anything quick and easy, usually pizza washed down with a pint of coffee.
- Strongest positive personality trait: Determination.
- Strongest negative personality trait: Crude.
- Sense of humour: Slightly twisted (despite his position).
- Temper: Controlled.
- Consideration for others: Much like Azerius, Cassius is a protector of humanity. He is, however, of the mundane variety… for now.
- How other people see him/her: People see Cassius as the figure of authority that he is. He is both respected and feared among civilians. Azerius sees Cassius as a hunter in the making and potential weapon to wield against the forces of the dark.
- Opinion of him/herself: Cassius is strong willed and can see nothing but the goal ahead. He cares little for his own wellbeing. But maybe… there is a side to him that we haven’t yet seen…
- Other traits, especially those to be brought out in story: He is an expert marksman with an affinity for firearms. He is fearless, even when face to face with a monster for the fist time.
- Ambitions: To bring and maintain peace.
- Will readers like or dislike this character, and why? Cassius is a fun character, with no obvious flaws… for this, I think readers will enjoy him. His history is completely untold at the moment, so opinions may change. 😉
Thank you all for reading! That was the profile for the main character Cassius of my novella and upcoming series of books, The Hunter.
If you haven’t yet read my novella, The Hunter: Monster Within, you can grab a digital version on kindle, read it free on kindle unlimited or pick up a paperback version, right here: The Hunter: Monster within.
Here’s what people have to say about my novella, so far:
“Loved it. You’re style is fast paced and you don’t weigh it down with too much fluff.” 5/5 Amazon – Spoonydog.
“I haven’t enjoyed a book as much as this one for ages.” 5/5 Amazon – Erica.
“The Hunter was a monster story through and through. This was old-school horror at its best.” 4/5 Goodreads – Readtolivetowrite.
Also, while you’re here, go check out my YouTube channel and show me some love over there: L. A. Vockins.
You can also support me on Patreon!
Thanks again! I will be back again very soon. Take it easy and stay awesome.