An Update Of Me.
Hey all. It’s been a while since I have written in this format, but it has been a long time coming. For me, this website and blog has always been a place for me to not only showcase my writing, but also, truthfully, show you the person behind the writing. This is a place where I can unleash that part of my mind that needs to be vented. That part of the mind where the creative gets entangled with the mundane. To create is sometimes to harness a storm within one’s self. A storm that needs to be focused into words that strike like lightning and resound like thunder. And so, this… this is my storm harnessed onto the page. A collection of thought that must be shared with my audience. I am a writer, and to harness this creative storm is my superpower. Let’s begin.
As fate would have it…
To write takes more than the mind, doesn’t it? To focus the mind, you need drive. You need that reason to write. You need that push behind every word. You need heart and soul and confidence. You need every sentence you write to resonate with your entire being. For a while, I thought that I could write with a heart, frozen. A mind bored. A soul hidden. Turns out I couldn’t. The plan was to work the menial… then write… then eat… then sleep. A continuous cycle of the modern norm. A path into the inevitable fade from existence. But that’s not me. That was never me. The universe has a strange way of putting us on the path that we are supposed to be walking, but it always does. Of all the bad it throws at us, it always gives us the ultimate good. We just need to endure.
I wrote this a while ago. Little did I know the relevence it had…
As fate would have it, the universe had me connect with the one that would be the light to ignite my shadows… the storm to drown my demons. She has helped me remember who I am and what I am capable of. She reignited that soul of mine… reminded this heart to beat… and this mind to dream.
Here we are on a recent break away. A break meant for the refocus of the mind and the recharge of the body. It did just that. There’s nothing quite like the sand and ocean, is there? The vastness of it all. The seemingly infinite and inevitable chaos that we can only see beauty in. I now know what I must do to walk the path I am supposed to, and so became born the plan.
In order to succeed, I must find order in the chaos. A construct in which I can build a foundation of a working business. This is my plan. I have skills that I need to start utilising, in which to replace the menial. I have books that need to be written. I can edit. I can narrate. I can graphic design. So, here is peak at what I must do, along with some of the changes I am making:
- Books to finish writing– In order of release.
Beyond Reality, Born of Dust. (Novella).
The Hunter: Monster Within. (edit/second ed). (Novella).
My Chaotic Mind. (Short story collection/inspiration/personal thoughts and story).
(Non-fic/Fic. Full size).
The Hunter: Grace. (Book 1). (Full size novel.)
The Hunter: ***. (Book 2). (Full size novel.)
The Hunter: ***. (Book 3). (Full size novel.)
- Fivver! – Editing, proofreading, writing and critique service. That’s right, soon you will be able to purchase my services on Fivver. Need an experienced eye to look over your work? With an extensive knowledge of literature, the industry and an education in business, I could be the person you need to give your work that edge it needs to succeed. Keep an eye on my website for more information.
- YouTube – Original content narration channel. Get ready for more content and an overhaul over on my YouTube channel. In addition, I will soon be outsourcing my narration to other indie authors. Got a short story you want narrating? Keep me in mind!
- Patreon – My Patreon is getting a complete and professional rework. Expect an awesome reward scheme and access to some crazy exclusive content, sneak peaks at my works in process and competitions.
- Competitions! – Did I say competitions?! Not only will exclusive competitions be run over on my Patreon, but also right here and on my social media! Win exclusive items and awesome prizes. The first of which, will be coming in the very near future.
- Artwork – As you have already seen in a recent post, that amazing lady of mine is also an incredible artist. Helen Kirby will be illustrating creatures and characters from my imagination! All illustrations will be featured right here, on my website, and there may even be some signed extras to win…
And there we have it… the plan. Honestly though, this is just a glimpse of what I have planned and the very beginning of something potentially huge. What started as an idea has grown exponentially… and I have my readers and the people around me to thank for such a wondrous thing. I no longer feel that I have to just live to survive… I strive to thrive and will make every dream of mine a reality. This isn’t just my writing journey that you are following, this is my journey to becoming who I am supposed to be. We can all achieve what we want to in this life. Start fighting for it. Find that focus. Find that energy. It’s there. Somewhere deep, waiting to be ignited by fate.
Now let me leave you with some words that I wake up to every morning;
Remember who you are.
Remember what you’ve achieved.
Remember what you’ve endured.
You are unstoppable.
Stay focused/be awesome/stop doubting.
Thank you all for reading and for supporting me in my journey.
If you haven’t yet read my novella, The Hunter: Monster Within, you can grab it right here: The Hunter: Monster within.
Go see my face and show me some love over on my YouTube channel!
You can also support me on Patreon!
Thanks again! I will be back again very soon. Take it easy and stay awesome.